Wednesday 12 June 2013

Coventry Chess Academy


As mentioned at the AGM by Mike Johnson please find a note from Paul Lam about the Coventry Chess Academy:

Hello Mike,

I have some good news regarding the Coventry Chess Academy (CCA) which we discussed at the Coventry League AGM. I have now secured a venue for the academy. It will be at Cheylesmore Community Centre (The following link contains further details http://www.cheylesmorecentre.co.uk/news.php). The provisional launch date is 13/07/2013.

I'm looking for volunteers who are interested in coaching at the academy. Previous experience of teaching chess and working with children would be preferred, but it is not essential. Obtaining DBS clearance is required. I can assist with the process of applying for this by registering the CCA with an umbrella body. I will then arrange face-to-face meetings with applicants, check relevant documents etc, and submit applications online on their behalf which the umbrella body will process. This will cost less than usual and the turnaround time would be quicker. Or so I'm led to believe from my phone conversation with the umbrella body. I'm still awaiting a comprehensive email explaining the procedure from them.

Would it be possible for you to pass this message onto the Coventry League club secretaries, so that they in turn can forward it to their members? It would be much appreciated. If anyone has any questions, they are welcome to send me an email or to call me on 07769892520.

Many thanks,

Paul Lam

2 comments:

  1. Official launch date > 20th July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really an informative and well described post. I appreciate your topic for blogging. Thanks for sharing such a useful post.

    ReplyDelete